Following are guidelines for the use of trademark symbols and acknowledgments for Western Electric Export Corporation and Westrex Corporation trademarks.
- In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Western Electric's trademarks at the most prominent use (usually a headline) and again on the first occurrence in copy.
- In the case of presentation graphics, trademarks should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil.
- In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Western Electric's trademarks on the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines and on the first occurrence in EVERY article in which they are used.
- In brochures, annual/quarterly reports, books, technical documentation, and other bound documents:
- Properly designate (with ®, ™ or SM) all of Western Electric's trademarks on the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and on the first occurrence in text.
- In all charts or graphs, properly designate trademarks (with ®, ™ or SM), as they could be copied or pulled and used independently.
- In all tag lines incorporating a trademark slogan, always use the trademark symbol in every reference.
Properly footnote and acknowledge trademark ownership, preferably identifying Western Electric Corporation marks as being owned by Western Electric, e.g., [Mark] is a trademark of Western Electric or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- The complete acknowledgment line for all our brands can be found at Acknowledgment line.
- The appropriate acknowledgment line for all our brands is, "Western Electric®, WE SELECT®, Amperex, GenRad, Air Motion Transformer, AMT, Barton and Gray, Fairchild and WHEN YOU”RE THROUGH COMPROMISING®, WESTREX, WE (Stylized), Western Electric (Stylized), rAMT, BVA, GEC, Radiotron, THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN ELECTRONICS are trademarks of Western Electric™ or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Note: Trademarks and logos licensed by Western Electric to you may have specific contractual acknowledgment requirements or other restrictions. Refer to your contract or license for specific requirements.